This weekend is Open House London which sees several open days in the Lea Valley.
On Saturday (10am-5pm) there are tours of Enfield Island which is the former Royal Small Arms Factory. Follow Ordnance Road from Enfield Lock Station.
On Fish Island (Sat & Sun 12-5pm) selected buildings, studios and galleries. The co-operative owned Counter Cafe (7 Roach Road) has a view across to the Lea Valley Walk towpath and the Olympic Park. Walk from Hackney Wick Station.
The Markfield Beam Engine and House N15 4RB (Sat/Sun 11am-5pm) is a Grade II listed pumping station dating from 1886.Beam engines will be steaming. walk from Tottenham Hale to Tottenham Lock and go south on the towpath for a short distance.
House Mill at Three Mills (Sat & Sun 11am-4pm) is open for tours organised by the River Lea Tidal Mill Trust.) walk from Bromley by Bow Station.
Nearby is Abbey Mills Pumping Station which is offering tours all weekend but these must be booked. Email [email protected] and ask for a slot.
Limehouse Town Hall (646 Commercial Road E14 7HA) at the south end of the Limehouse Cut is also open both days (12-4.30pm). This dates from 1881 and is associated with Clement Attlee. walk from Limehouse DLR Station.